Turpin initially denied any involvement, even claiming it wasn’t him on the
video. Eventually Turpin admitted he was involved and it was him on the video. A
detective asked if there was anything he would like to say to the family of the
dead guard if he had the opportunity.He hung his head and said softly, “Sorry, I guess.”
The detective said, “You guess you’re sorry? A man was shot dead for money.”
“I wouldn’t apologize. What would that do. He’s already gone.”
“If you would have gotten away with this,” the detective asked, “how would you have felt?”
“Bad, but, but I would have gotten over it because of the money.”
VICTORY ‘45
-
World War II was the war of my parents’ generation. They remembered where
they were when they first learned of Pearl Harbor the way I remember where
I was ...
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it simple and clean. I own a delete key.